Organisers of the all-new January Furniture Show are getting ready to celebrate 25 years of furniture shows at the NEC with a ‘Silver Jubilee’ party.
2015 marks the 25th consecutive year that a trade furniture show has been held at the NEC, Birmingham, making the event one of the most established in the industry. To mark the occasion, Laraine Janes and Theresa Raymond, directors of The January Furniture Show Ltd, who are organising the event for the first time, are hosting a Silver Jubilee drinks party at the show. They said: “We’re delighted with the level of support for the show – 99% of the space is now sold.”
Support for the show comes from right across the furnishings industry, prompting organisers to expand the space available into a fifth hall – The Pavilion. A highlight of The Pavilion will be a specially themed café area by a top British designer.
Said Theresa Raymond: “We have a strong team that is working hard to make this show a success and to meet exhibitors’ and visitors’ requirements. The show brings buyers and exhibitors together at the perfect time for planning and ordering for the year – and 25 years of success at the NEC is evidence that this is the venue and timing the trade want for their main show.
The brainchild of industry exhibition stalwarts Stephen Richards and Phil Soar, the first NEC show in 1990 created a unique platform for the furnishings sector at a location that ensured it was a truly national event. Since then the show has been organised by a number of companies under a number of names – but has always been held at the Birmingham NEC in January. It is set to remain the biggest furniture event in the UK next year.
- In Hall 1 – Duresta, Parker Knoll, G-Plan Upholstery, Collins & Hayes, Alstons, Mark Webster, Wood Bros, Ercol, Willis & Gambier, Baker Furniture, Tetrad, Westbridge, Gascoigne Designs, David Gundry and Winsor.
- In Hall 2 – Morris Group, Buoyant Upholstery, Sherborne Upholstery, Celebrity Recliners, Seconique, Skovby, Serene Furnishings, Greenapple Designs, Breasley, Kingstown, Lifestyle Europe, Furmanac, Furnico and Lebus Upholstery.
- In Hall 3 – Sweet Dreams, Vogue Beds, Julian Bowen, Steens, Rauch, Steven Shell, World Furniture, Harrison Bros, Welcome Furniture, Wieman, TCS, Kettle Interiors, Premier Housewares, Gallery Direct and Culinary Concepts.
- In Hall 3A – Global Home, PD Global, Blue Bone, The Libra Co, Nolte Mobel, Pacific Lifestyle, Mindy Brownes, Heartlands, Ecofurniture, Art Marketing, Wilde Java, Ancient Mariner, The Art Group and Artko
- The Pavilion – Uber Living, Wintech, Makasi Imports, SEN Furniture, Flair Rugs and Zolano.
For further information and a full list of exhibitors visit www.januaryfurnitureshow.com